Thursday, June 22, 2017

Follow-up to the SR-71 Blackbird

So I finished up the Blackbird detailing, and threw it up on thingiverse. Some 900 or so people have downloaded it, and a few have shared pictures of their prints.
Final Render in Blender

This one was impressively glossy for a fresh print. I liked how the details around the cockpits came out, but this doesn't highlight them that well.


Printed in blue.

Just thought I'd share with you guys, and see what you thought. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hey great job in the model. I really appreciate the efforts you put into it. I was lucky enough to download it before you closed your Myminifactory account. I have some people on a face book group who are really interested in printing this. I was wondering if I could host the STL on my thingiverse or minifactory page, with credit to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your post on imjur and your blog. I like the look and size of your SR-71 and I would like to be able to download your STL files. Are they still available? If, so where can I get them and the cost. Thank you David

    ReplyDelete