Friday, April 28, 2017

Pharah's Helmet WIP

So I've always enjoyed Blizzard's artists. They have extreme talent on whatever project they come up with. Overwatch characters are beautifully designed, and all unique. Its no wonder the game has over 30 million players.

At the moment I admire this game from afar, and model parts in my spare time. This is a work in progress on Pharah's helmet. Simple, yet elegant. The details still need a bit of fine tuning, and I need to add the chin guard. I'd love to slice this up to make it printable.

I'm going to be doing my next tutorial on a lot of the basics of blender, but I think I'll use this model to discuss a lot of those basics. A few people have been lamenting the difficulty of blender, and when to use different tools. With 3d software, there's often times lots of unique tools like the knife, or offset edge slide tools, that are more advanced. Sometimes people just like to learn where the hammer, or wrench are before they pick up the surgeons scalpel.

Look forward to that video in the next couple of days. For now, thanks for checking out the post!



No comments:

Post a Comment