Sunday, April 2, 2017

The F-5 Tiger




Decided to take a break from the video editing for the VC-25 and model out an F-5.

We took a trip to the Joe Davies Heritage Airpark, and I got inspired to model this one. It's surprisingly small in comparison to a lot of the other fighters. I also just learned how similar this and the T-38(Air Force trainer jet) are. Maybe I'll make some mods and have myself a T-38 as well.

Its always a learning process figuring out how to make specific extrusions out of the fuselage in order to get the correct output. After finishing the initial sculpt of this aircraft, I probably spent another hour or two just pushing vertices around in order to get the shapes accurate. As always, modeling aircraft takes a bit of finesse. At least there's the benefit of symmetry with most aircraft, however.



Expect some screen capture videos in the next week or so as to specific techniques for this build. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment